Cameras are the primary device used by elevator filmers in the elevator community to film elevators and escalators. There are several different types of cameras used in the elevator community.
A compact camera (also called point-and-shoot camera) is a still camera designed primarily for simple operation. Most of them have focus free lenses or autofocus for focusing, automatic systems for setting the exposure options, and have flash units built in. These cameras offer more features and have better quality than mobile phone cameras, one main difference usually being a zoom lens compared to digital zoom. Nearly all compact cameras use SD cards, which allow for easy expansion and data transfer; a USB cable can also be used to transfer content.
Notable compact cameras used in the elevator community
There are some elevator filmers in the elevator community that use compact cameras.
- PowerShot A2200 (used by lloyd999ify as secondary camera)
- PowerShot A2300 (used by Misha Gianoli, MMTfan1 and SchindlerLift1874)
- PowerShot A2500 (used by Amarvasandani)
- PowerShot SX230HS (used by TheElevatorGuy87 and Star City Elevators)
- PowerShot A570IS (used by bearchoirfan)
- PowerShot ELPH 320HS (used by WestCoast Elevators)
- VG 120 (used by sumosoftinc)
- Unknown series (used by TG97Elevators)
- TG-850 (used by Georgef551)
- TG-870 (used by elevatorman247 Productions)
- Galaxy Camera WB30F (used by Elevators From Italy)
- Fujifilm FinePix XP50 (used by Ttngidoc)
- Fujifilm Z5 (used by mrmattandmrchay)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH8 (used by NingSama1vs100)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 (used by Star Asia Elevator)
Mirrorless interchangeable-lens Camera
The mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera is the type of camera which is allowed users to change the lens.
Notable mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera in community
- Sony NEX-F3 (used by Reza Tanaka)
Mobile phone camera
- Main article: Mobile phone camera
- Main article: FLIP