IDL3000's logo since January 2, 2016.
Since January 10, 2009
Part of the Elevator Community
May 15, 2012 to present
IDLift3000 (formerly SchindlerLift1874 and also known by his real name Ivan) is an elevator filmer from Bali, Indonesia. He is the first elevator filmer in Indonesia.
2009 to mid 2012
Ivan has liked elevators since he was around 3 or 4 years old. His elevator filming hobby was inspired from many elevator videos he watched on YouTube in late 2008, most of them were from hz6761, bearchoirfan, musicfreakcc, harrihealey02, escalatorgeek881 and few others. On January 10, 2009, he started filming a Toshiba elevator at the Pacific Place Jakarta, and since then, he started to film more elevators whenever he went to some places in Jakarta. He lived in Jakarta until his parents decided to move to Bali on December 15, 2009, where he currently resides there.
From 2009 to 2013, he has film many elevators in several countries from Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, China, Australia, Vietnam, and other countries. He also filmed few elevators in five different European countries in June 2010; Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France and United Kingdom.
Sometime in 2010, he had the idea to open a YouTube channel so that he could upload his elevator videos but for some reason he wasn't ready for that due to personal reason.
Mid 2012 to present
He decided to open his YouTube channel "SchindlerLift1874" on May 15, 2012 and on the same date, he uploaded his first elevator video which was a Hyundai traction elevator in Istana Kuta Galleria, Bali. On June 2, 2012, he started filming elevators with a new Canon PowerShot A2300 camera, which was a present as part of his junior high school graduation. In late November 2012, he launched his secondary YouTube channel "SL74Offtopic" (now "OffTopic2012") which mainly contains animated elevator and random videos. However, he abandoned this channel in 2015 because he has lost interest in making animated elevator videos.
In May 2012, he adopted an abandoned elevator wiki hosted on Wikia known as Elevator Wiki (later known as Elevatorpedia) which was created in August 2010 by an inactive admin. He was later chosen as an administrator after he requested an adminship on Central Wikia. Later in April 2013, he adopted another abandoned wiki known as the Elevator Community Wiki.
From late 2012 to present, he began uploading some of his older elevator videos which were recorded from 2009 to mid 2012. Unfortunately most of these videos were recorded using Nokia 2730 Classic mobile phone (which only has 144p quality) and because of the poor quality he couldn't upload all of these videos, otherwise they might affect his channel's quality and viewership. However, there were few videos which were recorded using DDV-6000 camera (240p), which some of these videos have been uploaded in the past few years.
On June 19, 2014, he changed his username into "IDLift3000" to prevent people from mistaken his old username with the Schindler's List movie. A few weeks later he changed his secondary channel from SL74Offtopic to OffTopic2012.
In 2015, he decided to stop making animated elevator videos due to lack of interest, but he left his OffTopic2012 channel alone. However, as of 2018, all of his videos on that channel are no longer viewable to the public.
- Nikon Coolpix S800C (since August 2, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (since November 10, 2015)
- Sony Ericsson K530i mobile phone (2008 to July 2009)
- DigiLife DDV-6000 (2009 to December 28, 2010)
- Nexian G911 mobile phone (July 2009 to July 2011)
- Nokia 2730 mobile phone (March 2010 to May 26, 2014)
- Canon PowerShot A2300 (June 2, 2012 to April 2015)
- Apple iPad (November 25, 2013 to May 26, 2014)
- Lenovo A316i (May 26, 2014 to September 6, 2014)
- Samsung Galaxy Core 2 (September 4, 2014 to November 10, 2015)
From January 10, 2009 until early July 2009, he usually film elevators using his Sony Ericsson K530i mobile phones. However, he also film elevators using a DigiLife DDV-6000 digital camera but not very often. He stopped filming using his DigiLife DDV-6000 on December 28, 2010 due to leaked battery. On July 2009, he got a Nexian G911 mobile phone which replaced the Sony Ericsson mobile phone. However, this phone had very poor video quality and therefore he stopped using it in July 2011. On March 2010, he got a Nokia 2730 mobile phone and was used to film elevators only in emergency situations. Finally on June 2, 2012, he got a Canon PowerShot A2300 as part of his junior high school graduation. Another device that he used was an Apple iPad, from November 24, 2013 until May 2014. However, the iPad had a poor video quality.
On August 2, 2014, he got a new Nikon Coolpix S800C digital camera which is powered by Android OS and can record videos at 1080p but due to slow connection in Indonesia and storage concern, he could only record videos at 720p. It is currently his primary device to film elevators. Since he got his new Nikon camera, he rarely used his Canon camera until he stopped using it in October 2014. Later on September 4, 2014, he got a new Samsung Galaxy Core 2 smartphone which has a video quality of 5 megapixels. This phone replaced his previous Lenovo A316i smartphone and it was used as his secondary device. His Galaxy Core 2 ended on November 10, 2015 when he got a new Samsung Galaxy J5 as his 19th birthday present. His Samsung Galaxy J5 smartphone is currently used as a secondary/backup device.
Other devices he have borrowed from his parents to film elevators:
- BlackBerry 8800 mobile phone (2010)
- BlackBerry 9700 mobile phone (2011 and 2013)
- Nikon P710 (only used to film few elevators in Tokyo in December 2012)
Opening signatures used
He rarely use opening signatures on his videos.
- "Vinyl Scratch" card (December 2012 - January 2013)
- Japan flag (December 2012)
- Hard Rock Hotel Bali magnetic pin (March 2013)
- Tower of London water compass (March 2013 - August 18, 2013)
- Sigma Elevator door sticker (March 31, 2013)
- Joger keyring (May 12, 2013 - June 2013)
- Schindler elevator S-Series up call button (October - November 2014)
- Schindler flash drive (once in May 2017, at a hotel he stayed Yogyakarta which has Schindler elevators)
- He is currently the second largest elevator channel in Indonesia, with more than 1000 videos uploaded.
- The current username "IDLift3000" was taken from; ID which is a common abbreviation for Indonesia, Lift which means elevator in the UK, and 3000 which is the serial number for the Kone MonoSpace 3000 elevators.
- The old username "SchindlerLift1874" was taken from; Schindler elevator, Lift which means elevator in the UK, and 1874 which is the year when Schindler Elevator was founded.
- The name was stated by SchindlerLift1874 because Schindler is his favorite elevator brand.
- He is often referred as SL74 and later IDL3K by many elevator filmers in YouTube.
- He is known to film the most number of Schindler 3300 AP and Kone MonoSpace elevators in Indonesia.
- He was the first person in the Elevator Community to discover and film a Schindler 5500 elevator. He filmed it in Vincom Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Since the video was uploaded, some other elevator filmers in the Elevator Community started hunting for some Schindler 5500 elevators. That is because this model was launched for the global market in early 2013 (except in the United States where it was introduced in 2014)
- He is also the first person in the Indonesian Elevator Community to film an Otis 2000 VF elevator
- He also have a same username in the Skyscraper Simulator Forum.
- His first destination dispatch elevator was filmed in an undisclosed office building in Jakarta on October 26, 2013. It was a 1996 Schindler Miconic 10 elevator.
- On December 15, 2013, he recorded Indonesia's first elevator trio with Sumosoftinc and TG97Elevators at Pondok Indah Mall complex. Later on November 28, 2015, he joined with Sumosoftinc and JC 95 Elevators to film the elevators at Sheraton Jakarta Gandaria City in Jakarta. In May 2016, he filmed some elevators with Vincent561967 while he was on a holiday in Hong Kong.
- His first international elevator meetup happened on May 11, 2016, with Vincent561967, in Hong Kong.
- From 2012 until around mid 2014, most of his videos were only uploaded in 240p. This is because his internet connection in his home area was very bad. However, he did uploaded very few HD videos at that time. From late August 2014 until December 2015 he began uploading videos in 480p, but later he began uploading videos in 1080p (originally recorded in 720p) as part of a slightly major channel improvement. He usually upload videos under WiFi only.
- He is the second elevator enthusiast in Indonesia who have been invited by an elevator company (in this case, Schindler). The other one is Sumosoftinc, who was invited earlier.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Discontinued. He no longer use this device because of either it has been sold off or he simply don't want to use it anymore.
- ↑ Example: Other videotaping devices got ran out of battery or he forgot to bring one of his devices.
- ↑ Only used in Tokyo, Japan.
- ↑ Only used in Hard Rock Hotel Bali during retakes.
- ↑ Only used in special elevators.
- ↑ EPIC Schindler 5500 Elevators at Vincom Center, Ho Chi Minh City
- ↑ SUPER RARE OTIS 2000 VF Elevator at Melia Bali, Indonesia