MMTfan1 (real name Sean) is an elevator filmer from Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States.
Sean has had an on and off fascination with elevators since he was small. He discovered the elevator community in 2012 and watched videos from several elevator filmers such as dieselducy, musicfreakcc, CubsRule2040, pnwelevator, and TJElevatorfan.
He created his YouTube channel MMTfan1 on June 15, 2010. He uploaded a few videos in 2011 and 2012. However, he didn't start uploading videos on a regular basis until April 8, 2013, when he started filming buses. Exactly three months later, he filmed and uploaded his first elevator video. Soon afterwards, he started to film elevators in downtown Colorado Springs. By August, he had started to film elevators in other areas of the city.
In late 2014, he went on hiatus from elevator filming, but resumed filming elevators a year later with some retakes of elevators in downtown Colorado Springs. He then went on another hiatus from elevator filming until December, where he filmed reatakes of a few more elevators, again in downtown Colorado Springs.
In 2015, he began posting game videos, mainly of open server events of a pre-alpha MMORPG game called Legends of Equestria (a MLP fan game). The majority of his videos from 2015 are videos of these open server events, which happen every few months to test new features and stress test the servers.
- Canon PowerShot A3000 IS (2011 - 2012; 2014-present)
- Canon PowerShot A2300 (2012 - present)
- Samsung S390G mobile phone (2013 - present)
- Fujifilm FinePix S4800 (2013)
- Sony CyberShot DSC-WX350 (2014)
His first digital camera was the Canon PowerShot A3000 IS. He uploaded few videos filmed with the A3000 IS. He replaced it with a Canon PowerShot A2300 in 2012 after the A3000 IS broke after taking a fall while powered on. The A2300 has become the most often used camera until May 2014. He recently got the A3000 IS working again, but doesn't plan to use it much as both the A2300 and WX350 have far better video quality.
He did buy a Fujifilm FinePix S4800 in July of 2013 to film better quality bus videos, but it broke less than a month later. As a result, he made few videos with the S4800. He had originally intended for the S4800 to be used alongside the A2300. So, he continued to use the A2300 as the primary camera until May 2014, when he replaced it with a Sony CyberShot WX350. Since then, he used the WX350 for almost every video since, until it died in September.
Videos filmed since late September 2014 were shot on the Canon PowerShot A2300.
He also has a Samsung S390G mobile phone, but it is very rarely used for videos due to its poor video and audio quality. He only used it to test the video function with a short video on board a bus in April 2013. He used it again in December 2013 to complete the video portion of his 2013 Christmas special at the Broadmoor Hotel when the Canon Powershot A2300's battery died unexpectedly. He eventually took that video down for some reason.
- He is one of three known elevator filmers to have filmed a vintage Otis Autotronic with pop-out buttons.
- He also films buses in addition to elevators.
- He is one of of several members of the elevator community to be a brony (fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- He occasionally films hotel tours.
- He occasionally makes videos not related to buses or elevators.
- He is the first elevator filmer to have filmed at the famous five-star five-diamond Broadmoor Hotel.
- Also has a Flickr account that is related to his hobbies.