Late 2010 - January 2011 (early days), June 2011 - Late 2016 (main active session)
Part of the Elevator Community
MelvinMan10 has liked elevators since he was 3 years old. At sometime in 2010, he discovered Skyscraper Simulator from a link in Wikipedia. On October 30, 2010, he opened his YouTube account and started to upload some Skyscraper Simulator videos, as well as animated elevator videos later. He then started filming some elevators in November 2011, but not active much back then.
In June 2011, he continued filming elevators with his Nokia X2, which can record videos only at 240p. From July 23, 2011, he used his Nokia C6 for filming elevators, which can record videos at 720p, although he initially set the quality to 480p due to slow internet.
His Skyscraper Simulator and animated elevator videos were privatized at sometime in late 2011-early 2012 and were deleted later, as he wanted to focus more on elevator filming. He opened a secondary channel, MelvinM10Productions, for animated elevator and other videos on May 26, 2012.
Shortage and continuation
During May to July 2013, he did not filmed any new elevators due to he was running out of places to go. In late 2013, due to political crisis in Bangkok, he had not filmed any new elevators, but he had filmed new elevators before the the situations in Bangkok were unsafe. At the end of 2013, he announced that he would travel farther in the city to find more elevators..
He has come back to filming elevators again in March 2014, as well as launched a new titling system, "Random words! [Building name]", to be used in case of there are more than one bank of elevators in a building that serve the same floors, as well as for his older videos where he has filmed two elevators in one video, and some escalator and moving walk videos.
On January 29, 2016, his secondary YouTube channel and his Facebook page were closed. However, he is currently still active in the Skyscraper Simulator Forum.
In March 2016, he has come back to filming elevators again, but not as active as before due to running out of easy-to-film places. Since December 2017, he is not active in elevator filming as much as before. He only films elevators if he is at a certain place and can film the elevators there safely.
Being cautious and stopping filming elevators
Being a very cautious person, he doesn't ride or film service or freight elevators without a permission unless they are located in a public hallway, near or in the same bank with passenger elevators. He also never films elevators in buildings that are very strict on photography or exchanges his ID card to film elevators. He also never films elevators that are too busy and guided elevators as well.
Later, his cautiousness tends to be more extreme, as he has stopped filming elevators at most non-retail buildings. One of the reasons is because he is paranoid about getting questioned, and new hotels are usually locked out, unless there is a public facility on the top floor. In addition, newer office buildings are always turnstiled out, so only the parking elevators can be filmed.
On June 17, 2018, he announced that he would stop filming elevators due to security reasons. One of the reasons is elevator filming might be a crime for him, unless he has a legitimate reason to be at a building. For example, studying at his university or visiting someone at any places.
- Nokia X2 (2010 - July 2011)
- Nokia C6 (July 2011 - April 2013)
- Nokia Lumia 520 (July 2013 - October 2013)
- Nokia Lumia 625 (February 2014 - 2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (March 2016 - Present)
- He was the main elevator filmer in Bangkok until late 2015.
- Although he is now the secondary elevator filmer in Bangkok, he is more famous in Skyscrapersim Forum and Western elevator community while NingSama is more famous in Asian elevator community and social network sites.
- He used only mobile phones to film elevators for security reasons.
- His channel is currently the longest active elevator channel in Thailand, with nearly six years.
- He mostly used public transportation to go to film elevators including buses, BTS, MRT and ARL trains.
- He is the first elevator filmer in Thailand to film elevators overseas in 2011. However, he filmed only 2 elevators in Japan for some reasons.
- He is the first elevator filmer in Bangkok to film elevators in 1080p.
- Like Tamovie1975, NingSama, Khup Elevators and Offtopic and TleFlip, His first destination dispatch elevators was filmed in CentralPlaza Grand Rama 9, Bangkok, which were Schindler 7000 elevators with Miconic 10 system.
- He always spells the building name that has area or road name in it with the area/road's name instead of actual building name to prevent his confusion between area/road and building.
- His latest avatar (the Newer Xi-Zi Otis Gen2 floor indicator) was taken at The Nine Center Rama 9, Bangkok.
- He is the first known elevator filmer in Thailand to film elevators in hotels and office buildings in Bangkok, although he cannot film elevators more due to security reasons.
- His older video titling is heavily based on Sumosoftinc's older elevator videos.
- His newest video titling is nearly identical to Khup Elevators and Offtopic's video as well, with minor differences.
- He is the fan of western elevator filmers, especially elevator filmers from United States.
- He is currently the Thai elevator filmer who has the fewest elevator videos outside Thailand, with 2 videos.
- His first name is a homophonic (in Thai) of the other filmer from Bangkok, Thailand. In this case, it is G T2KJS (Gahn).
- He is the only main Thai elevator filmer who is unable to meetup with other elevator filmers for some reason.
Notes and References
- ↑ MelvinMan10 Special: New Year 2014
- ↑ It can be a conclusion about the elevator or the building where he had filmed.
- ↑ The future of my YouTube channel
- ↑ Discontinued.
- ↑ Discontinued because the device was broken on June 2013.
- ↑ Discontinued because the device was broken on January 2014.
- ↑ His first video filmed with this device was filmed on March 2014.
- ↑ Tominoko Hotel, Yamanashi, Japan: Hitachi Traction Elevators
- ↑ Central Plaza Grand Rama 9, Bangkok: Brand New Schindler Miconic 10 Traction Elevators (Tower) (No longer available)
- ↑ Examples: Central Plaza Lat Phrao (CentralPlaza Lardprao) and Eastin Grand Hotel Sathon (Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn Bangkok)