Vancity Elevators is an elevator filmer from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He started filming elevators on September 20th, 2014, and joined YouTube on September 21st, 2014.
Vancity Elevators started become interested with buses back in 2008. After watching a couple of bus videos by VancouversLocalNerd, he became interested with elevators when he watched elevator videos from VancouversLocalNerd. Eventually, he discovered other YouTube channels like Kira1106, and elevatorman191 (now known as Uplift Vancouver), who film elevators in his area.
September 20th 2014-present
September 20th, 2014 is when he finally decided to start filming elevators on his own. His first elevator he filmed was at the Hudson's Bay department store, Oakridge Centre, in Vancouver BC. He would open his YouTube channel one day later. In 2015, he went down to Seattle and filmed elevators there. Unexpectedly, he met pnwelevator when he was about to film his last elevator in Seattle before he had to go back to Vancouver. In the summer of 2015, he went to Budapest, Vienna, and Prague to film elevators there. In September and October of 2015, he would revisit Seattle to continue filming more elevators around the city. He also met Uplift Vancouver, and filmed elevators around Vancouver later in 2015, and also in early 2016. In 2016, he met Kira1106 unexpectedly in Station Square in Burnaby BC. In March of 2016, he went to London, United Kingdom, and Edinburgh, United Kingdom to film elevators after watching some elevator videos from the United Kingdom. Hopefully one day, he would like to revisit the United Kingdom and meet up with Beno to ride elevators together. In 2017, he went on a 2 week vacation to the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong was his favourite city during the vacation as it had plenty of old elevators to ride. Sadly, most elevators in Hong Kong have been replaced or modernized. As of July 2017, he has gotten interested in urban exploring, and he has explored a couple of abandoned places.
- December 2008: Honolulu, Kahului, Lahaina, Hilo, Kailua-Kona, Nawiliwili, Lihue.
- March 2010: Merritt BC, and Sun Peaks BC.
- May 2010: Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal, Quebec City.
- April 2011: Las Vegas.
- July 2012: London, Amsterdam, Rostock, Berlin, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Copenhagen.
- July 2013: New York City, and Bermuda.
- August 2014: Honolulu.
- March 2015: Seattle, and Bellevue.
- July 2015: Budapest, Vienna, Prague, and New York City (stopover while en route to Vancouver).
- September and October 2015: Seattle, Bellingham, and Everett.
- March 2016: Montreal (stopover while en route to London), London, Windsor UK, Edinburgh, and Toronto (stopover while en route to Vancouver).
- June-July 2016: Seattle, Bellevue, and Tacoma.
- August 2016: Victoria BC.
- March 2017: Hong Kong, Dongguan, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Suzhou.
- April 2017: Victoria BC.
- August-September 2017: Nanaimo BC, and Victoria BC.
- 2018: Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Germany, United Kingdom.
- Panasonic DMC-FZ200
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- iPhone 4 (spare)
- Motorola Moto G (1st generation)
- iPhone 6 Plus